Website SEO helps to make your business more visible to people who are searching online for solutions that your brand, product, or service can provide. Ranking amongst the top websites for specific keywords can really benefit companies that are looking for leads to come in through the website.
Deciding to hire an agency, consultant or SEO expert is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time. It is important to research the potential advantages of hiring an SEO expert, as well as the damage that someone can do to your site.
While I believe that all companies can benefit from foundational SEO, not all companies need to implement a full-scale, robust SEO program.
Here are five reasons your company might not need to invest extensively in SEO.
- No One Is Searching for Your Product or Service – you have a new invention that people don’t know exists. Before investing in SEO, getting the word out via advertising or publicity might be a better use of your marketing funds.
- You Need Results Fast – while SEO typically provides the second-best ROI, behind high-quality opt-in email, it takes time to get results.
- Your Website Promotes Things that Change Quickly – If you are promoting an event, constantly changing inventory or a one-time offer, advertising would be a better approach for getting the word out.
- Too Few Resources – a start-up or small business with a minimal marketing budget may benefit from a strong SEO program, but the time and effort required to get results would drain the resources. Investing in social media may be a good place to start until you have the money for quality SEO.
- Your Business has a Complex Sales Process – when your target audience relies on professional recommendations or word of mouth. An example of this is when there are multiple stakeholders in the buying process and reputations are on the line, buyers tend to rely on trusted advisors more than Google.
If you think your business could benefit from optimizing your website’s search results, or if you’re just not sure, contact us for a free consultation.